Are you planning a photo shoot in Barcelona? Here are some tips that will help you make the most out of it!
1. Research and choose a reputable and experienced photographer who is familiar with the city and has a style that you like.
Before you book your session, make sure you check their portfolio first and that you like not only their shooting style but also their editing. Having said that, if you’re considering hiring one of Barcelona Shoots' photographers, check out examples of our work on our blog!
2. Consider the type of photos you want, such as posed or candid shots.
You can choose to have only posed photos, just candid ones, or a mix. Here at Barcelona Shoots, we focus on capturing you in the city so that you can have a memory of Barcelona, and it’s clear where you traveled to. However, we are big fans of portraits, so we’ll also always add a few close-ups!
3. Plan the locations for the photo shoot, such as iconic landmarks, picturesque streets, or beautiful gardens.
When you book a shoot with us, we'll ask for your preferences and we'll help you choose the best location to fit your vision.
4. Choose outfits that complement the location.
A successful photo shoot is a result of good planning, a great photographer, and good preparation. We recommend taking some time before the session to plan your outfits. If you're not sure what to wear, you can always ask us, or check out some of our previous shoots on our blog or Instagram.
5. Make sure to arrive on time and well-rested, and don’t bring too many items.
Make sure not to bring big bags or backpacks, as well as valuable items. Barcelona is a touristy city which unfortunately can be a tricky thing when it comes to pick-pocketing. Our photographers can’t carry your bags or valuable items as they carry their own heavy and valuable equipment, so the best thing is to come just with one phone per couple or group, and a wallet.
6. Consider hiring a makeup artist or hair stylist to help you look your best for the shoot.
If you want to make your shoot extra special, you might want to hire a hair and make-up artist. Barcelona Shoots can help you arrange that.
7. Have fun and enjoy the experience, and be sure to take breaks and hydrate throughout the day.
Barcelona is hot and sunny most of the year, especially in June, July, and August, so if you’re shooting in one of those months, make sure to drink lots of water and bring a little water bottle with you.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to reach out! barcelonashoots@admin
Ready to book? Check out our packages!
Share this story